About a plethora of Cultural things including Streetwear, Contemporary fashion, all aspects of the footwear realm, music, art, photography, film, Connoisseurs, philanthropy. Good food in New York City. Behind the scenes footage. Based on the perspectives and lifestyles of the Original heads.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Great Eat in Brooklyn, Country Kitchen Soul Food Restaurant

HAPPY EASTER. If you want some great soul food in the Brooklyn, NY area try Country Kitchen located at 1991 Atlantic Avenue 11233 (718)498-0200. I admit I waited almost 45 minutes to get two plates for takeout. But It's a Sunday what do you expect a bunch of hungry Churchgoers want dibs on the good food too. I've had food at this place many times but It's been a while. There's also a sitting area If your in that type of mood. I ordered the Beef Ribs, Macaroni & Cheese with Cadied Yams. It was delicious, sorry I didn't post the picture. I Promise I will next time. My sister had the baked chicken with the same sides as me. She said her meal was excellent. That's a Sunday dinner. They also serve breakfast If you can get there between 7:00am and 12:00pm. If your in the area and you want that North Carolina feeling Little Brother food go here you won't be disappointed except for the wait but it's worth it. Pictures coming the next time I go here.

-Patrick King aka DJ Paul Kersey

3 comments:

Melissa Su-Neeta Elké said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Su-Neeta Elké said...

HI PK! I MET YOU BRIEFLY AT WEALTHY HOSTAGE LAST WEEKEND. (DREAMER'S GIRL)...ANYWAYS, I GOTTA PUT YOU ON TO MY FAVE SOUL FOOD SPOT IN BK...ITS CALLED RUTHIE'S. WE GO TO THE ONE DOWNTOWN, (96 Dekalb Avenue)...and its IMMACULATE to say the very least. :) Same ordeal, you might wait a lonnng minute, but its well worth it! PEACE "KING".

Patrick King said...

Oh yeah Dreamer's Girl. Hi, Thanks Ms. Mel for the insight on Ruthie's. I seen It before and wanted to try it. I Love Soul Food, so now I'm definitely going to try it next time I'm down there. Also Thanks for checking out The Original heads. Peace.