About a plethora of Cultural things including Streetwear, Contemporary fashion, all aspects of the footwear realm, music, art, photography, film, Connoisseurs, philanthropy. Good food in New York City. Behind the scenes footage. Based on the perspectives and lifestyles of the Original heads.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BARACK is Living History

Patrick King aka dj Paul Kersey

It's a new day in Washington D.C. and for the rest of the United States of America. Mr. Barack Obama took his oath today and gave his Inauguration speech. He is the Official 44th President of the United States. I never taught I would see this day. I recorded it to DVR and this is going to be one of the first things I archive to some type of media. I was touched and even had some uncontrollable moisture in my eyes while watching him take his oath. Mr. President I know you have an arduous job ahead of you. Me and the other citizens in the country will have to do our part to rectify the situation. If Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was around he would of been very proud to see this moment. You definitely made part of his Dream come true. You also gave a lot of minorities like myself hope, that anything is possible with hard work. A line that my mother had remember from the time when I was a little boy probably no more than 8 years old, was from President John F. Kennedy January 20, 1961 Inaugural speech "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". That Quote has been in my head for years. I always took it as take initiative and don't wait for things. On that note be sure to check out the new White House website If you haven't already done so. Take a look at the agenda.
Patrick "PK" King

No comments: