About a plethora of Cultural things including Streetwear, Contemporary fashion, all aspects of the footwear realm, music, art, photography, film, Connoisseurs, philanthropy. Good food in New York City. Behind the scenes footage. Based on the perspectives and lifestyles of the Original heads.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Us Placers video directed by Va$htie Kola

This has been out for a little while now and is a spec video. But I have to admit when I first saw it I thought it was the real McCoy. I Loved the whole concept, very creative and well put together, It's like the video "The Sky's the Limit" by The Notorious B.I.G remixed and those little kids really favor the actual people that they were meant to portray. I think Vashtie Kola is a smart, talented, and beautiful young lady to look for now and the near future. She has a bunch of different ventures going on including her clothing line Violette. She is also one half of 1992. They are truly paying homage and representing the Original Heads in a time when Hip Hop is in great despair. We'll it depends on who you ask. I'm talking from a mature near 25 year-old perspective. Someone that Love's that Black Moon, Mobb Deep Sound, K-Def production with the Lords of the Underground. When me and brother was coming up all we wanted to do is emulate the older kids. I remember my older brother giving me his Fila headband and rocking it immediately cause it was so Hot. I'm going to find that picture. Below the video is a Picture of me and my siblings on an Easter sunday back in the 90's.
-Patrick "PK" King




From L-R: A.King aka The Honorable Drunken Monkey # 1, My Beautiful Little, sister M. King, and Myself, Patrick "PK" King, but I got a couple names. The lady in this picture used to be our babysitter, Kim

No comments: