About a plethora of Cultural things including Streetwear, Contemporary fashion, all aspects of the footwear realm, music, art, photography, film, Connoisseurs, philanthropy. Good food in New York City. Behind the scenes footage. Based on the perspectives and lifestyles of the Original heads.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Nike, Rane, and Serato collaborate


Nike, Rane and Serato team up to come up with a 25th anniversary white Scratch Live edition Air Force 1 sneaker. Included in the package is a custom-made laptop bag by well known Japanese company Head-Porter, a Serato interface, and vinyl record. It was created for a limited number of DJ's across the globe, and will not be available for purchase. Serato Scratch Live allows DJs to control digital audio files on their laptop with vinyl control records on their turntables. I still have to get my hands on my own Serato unit. I was a die-hard vinyl fan ever since I started DJing, and still one to this day. But I can't fight technology, some things you just got to go along with. It's not a way of being lazy, I believe it makes you life easier. Serato is the difference between lugging your whole vinyl collection with you to gig's or having you entire music collection on a hard drive and just carrying a couple of pounds in a backpack. Way to many risks in carrying your precious vinyl collection. When my car was stolen last year, I lost two crates that happen to be in trunk. I think Serato is one of the best things to hit the Digital DJ market in a long time. I recommend it for anyone that's a serious DJ and wants to take their set to another plateau.
-Patrick King

No comments: